New Web-based HeartCode PALS Course Launches July 17th!
HealthStream is proud to announce, in conjunction with Laerdal Medical and the AHA, that HeartCode® PALS has been updated with the AHA’s 2010 Guidelines and will launch July 17th! What used to be three separate courses on a downloadable CD will now be entirely Web-based and has been updated with the latest in blended learning technology.
- Navigation and experience similar to HeartCode BLS & ACLS
- Web based version, no download required
- Self-directed learning available 24/7
The new 3 Part Course:
- Computer-based cognitive portion
- Skills practice session with an AHA PALS Instructor
- Skills test with an AHA PALS Instructor
Course Contents include:
- Pre-course Assessment
- 12 interactive patient scenarios
- 3 instructional videos
- Scenario debriefing
- New PALS Course will be published to existing HeartCode PALS customers on July 17th
- Connect customers will receive a new AICC file on July 17th
- HeartCode PALS- G2010 is a brand new course and it will replace the 3 existing courses (Core, Intermediate & Advanced), which have been consolidated for a more consistent learner experience.
- Students who completed the old HeartCode PALS Part 1 by September 14th will have access to the course content from their transcript for 2 years from the date of completion.
- Starting July 17th, the new course will be the only course that will be able to be assigned.
- Those in progress on the old course will have 60 days to complete. If they have not completed the old course by September 15th it will expire and they will no longer have access to the course or the course content for review.
What do I need to do to transition?
- Be sure to Participate in the HeartCode PALS Webinar & Overview on June 27th
- Please ensure your students that are in progress on the old course are prepared for the September 14th deadline so that they do not have to purchase an additional license to complete the course.
- Set aside time on July 17th to:
- Familiarize yourself with the new course
- Set up new assignments
- Update reports
- Get excited! The new course is very well designed and makes for a fun learning experience
Register for the Free July 16th HeartCode PALS Webinar.
Learn More About HeartCode PALS.
Read Our HeartCode PALS FAQs Document.